You are here: BitFenix.com Forums Tech Talk
[ Forum overview ] [ Last updated threads ] [ Reset last visit ]
Thread: Raider MOBO Fpanel connections
P23unk

4 Posts / 1 Threads
Hello there, I've recently taken delivery of one of your fantastic Raider cases and i've just started installing my new Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard. I have fitted the Fpanel connections but would like to double check the polarity of them before going any further. Am i right in asuming the connections with the indicator arrows are positive and the blank connections are the ground/neutral? Also when i opened the boxing i found the small cardboard box inside open and the feet, tie wraps and asorted fittings were lying loose in the case rattling about. Is the case suposed to come with an internal speaker to connect to the Fpanel connections as there was none inside the boxing? Other than this i am very happy with the case and i think it is going to look great when the build is finished. Thumbs up Bitfenix!
04/18/12, 15:55:25 CEST
darren42

39 Posts / 2 Threads
I am not sure about the arrows but the coloured wire is generally positive and the black/white is the neutral.
04/19/12, 00:25:42 CEST
P23unk

4 Posts / 1 Threads
Thanks mate but all the wires are black with no writing or marks on them, just the aforementioned arrows as an indicator, but as there is nothing in the user manual about the arrows they don't help a lot.
04/19/12, 15:24:17 CEST
darren42

39 Posts / 2 Threads
I am guessing the arrows indicate the positive pin, though I don't think it will damage anything if you happen to connect them around the wrong way.

As for the internal speaker I've seen some review pictures online showing it included in the carboard box. It could be hiding under the bottom flaps in the cardboard box or somewhere inside the case
04/21/12, 13:07:17 CEST
P23unk

4 Posts / 1 Threads
I did find the speaker, it was stick inside the rear fan. I had to remove the fan to get it out without breaking anything. I have the case up and running now with the connectors fitted using the arrows as positive and it seems to work. Some documentation should come with the case to let you know in my opinion.
04/28/12, 10:31:51 CEST

Post an answer
You need to get logged in with your BitFenix account to post an answer.